Your Business Helper is committed to providing you with the best possible customer service experience. Your Business Helper is bound by the Privacy Act 1988, which sets out a number of principles concerning the privacy of individuals.
Your Business Helper is a business support service offering ad-hoc assistance to many of your business requirements with a focus on managing your digital presence with services provided by Julie Warner ABN 23 309 719 018
As such Your Business Helper aims to comply with the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) to ensure that your information is protected.
By providing us with your data, you warrant to us that you are over the age of 18 years.
PERSONAL INFORMATION – TYPE, PURPOSE AND LEGAL GROUNDS
Personal information/data means any information capable of identifying an individual. It does not include data that is anonymous in its source. We may process the following categories of personal data about you:
I truly appreciate that you have taken time to visit and utilise the website of Your Business Helper, so I would never misuse the information you have entrusted me with. I respect your privacy and am committed to protecting it. I will never sell your personal information to third parties. I will never provide your information to third parties unless I am required to do so by law. I will never spam you with a barrage of unsolicited emails. I will simply use your information to operate this website, conduct analysis, optimise your reading experience and send you the occasional email or newsletter if you have subscribed or contacted me with an enquiry.
Communication information includes any communication that you send to us. This information can be sent to us through
- the contact form on our website,
- email, text, social media messaging,
- social media posting or
- through any other communication that you send us.
We process this data for the purposes of:
- communicating with you
- for creating any business-related plans or services on your behalf if required
- for providing business related advice or suggestions
- answering business service related enquiries
Our legal ground for this processing is our legitimate interests which in this case are to reply to communications sent to us, to keep records of business advice or services provided to you and to maintain records of purchases made by you, for our future reference as required.
We process this information to
- supply the goods and/or services you have purchased and;
- to keep records of such transactions.
User information includes data about how you use our website and any online services together with any data that you may post for publication on our website or through other online services.
We process this data to:
- operate our website and ensure relevant content is provided to you,
- to ensure the security of our website,
- to maintain backups of our website and/or databases and;
- to enable publication and administration of our website, other online services, and business.
Our legal ground for this processing is our legitimate interests which in this case are to enable us to properly administer our website and our business.
Technical data is information about your use of our website and online services such as your IP address, your login data, details about your browser, length of visit to pages on our website, page views and navigation paths, details about the number of times you use our website, time zone settings and other technology on the devices you use to access our website.
The source of this data is from our analytics tracking system.
We process this data to analyse your use of our website and other online services, to administer and protect our business and website, to deliver relevant website content and advertisements to
you and to understand the effectiveness of our advertising.
Our legal ground for this processing is our legitimate interests which in this case are to enable us to properly administer our website and our business and to grow our business and to decide our marketing strategy.
Marketing information includes data about your preferences in receiving marketing from us and our third parties and your communication preferences.
We process this data to:
- enable you to receive our newsletter
- enable you to participate in our promotions such as free giveaways, and informational webinars or workshops
- to deliver relevant website content and advertisements to you and measure or understand the effectiveness of this advertising.
Our legal ground for this processing is our legitimate interests which in this case are to study how customers use our products/services, to develop them, to grow our business and to decide our marketing strategy.
We may use Customer, User, Technical and Marketing Information/Data to:
- deliver relevant website content and advertisements to you (including Facebook advertisements or other display advertisements) and:
- measure or understand the effectiveness of the advertising we offer to you.
We may also use such data to send other marketing communications to you and our legal grounds for doing so is either your consent or legitimate interest namely to grow our business.
We do not collect any Sensitive Data about you. Sensitive data refers to data that includes details about your race or ethnicity, religious or philosophical beliefs, sex life, sexual orientation, political opinions, trade union membership, information about your health and genetic and biometric data. We do not collect any information about criminal convictions and offences.
HOW YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION IS COLLECTED
I may collect personal information such as your name or email address when you voluntarily submit information to this Website by leaving a comment or subscribing to my newsletter;
I may receive information about you from other sources, for instance, if you choose to link your Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn and/or Google accounts when commenting.
I automatically collect certain information about you and the device you use to access this Website e.g. the dates/times you accessed this Website, your IP address, your operating system type, your browser type, the referring website, the pages you viewed and the links you clicked; and
I may store your information using cookies (see below) to provide you with a more personalized experience on this Website.
We may collect personal information about you by you providing the data directly to us (for example by filling in forms on our site or by sending us emails).
THIRD PARTY PROVIDERS
I will never share your information with a third party without your consent except where required by law. This website does use a number of third party providers to enable it to function efficiently and effectively. These third-party providers are governed by their own privacy policies in respect to how they may use your information. Some to note are:-
Use of Personal Information
We will only use your personal data for a purpose it was collected for or a reasonably compatible purpose if necessary. In the event we need to use your details for an unrelated new purpose we will let you know and explain the reason why for processing.
I may use the information collected to:
- Operate and maintain this Website;
- Identify you as a user and provide a more tailored experience when you visit this website;
- Send you newsletters (if you have subscribed) and/or administrative communications;
- Receipt of purchase of products from our online shop,
- Respond to your comments or inquiries;
- Provide you with user support;
- Track and measure advertising on this Website;
- Protect, investigate, and deter against unauthorised or illegal activity; and
- Provide anonymous high-level visitor data (which does not identify you) to third parties interested in working with Your Business Helper.
What is a cookie? A cookie is a small data file stored on your browser. Session cookies expire when you close your browser and persistent cookies stay on your browser until deleted. This Website and its associated third parties (see above) may use both session cookies and persistent cookies to:-
- store your preferences;
- record user-specific information on what pages you access or visit;
- ensure that you are not repeatedly shown the same advertisements; and
- customise Website content.
You can prevent this Website using cookies by changing the settings in your internet browser(s). You can delete existing cookies via your Internet browser or other software programs. If you choose to deactivate cookies, this Website may not function as intended which could impact on your experience.
Our lawful ground of processing your personal data to send you marketing communications is only when you have given us your consent. either your consent.
We may send you marketing communications from us if:
- you made a purchase or asked for information from us about our goods or services or
II. you agreed to receive marketing communications and in each case, you have not opted out of receiving such communications since.
You may opt out of receiving marketing emails from us at any time.
Before we share your personal data with any third party for their own marketing purposes we will get your express consent.
Stopping marketing messages
You can ask us or third parties to stop sending you marketing messages at any time by:
- by following the opt-out links on any marketing message sent to you or OR
II. by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org at any time
If you opt out of receiving marketing communications this opt-out does not apply to personal data provided as a result of other transactions, such as purchases, warranty registrations, returns, replacements etc.
Marketing: We will only retain your personal data for as long as you remain opted in to receive newsletters from Your Business Helper. Your data will be deleted from our records upon receiving your unsubscribe request.
Product/Service Sales: Your personal data from any product/service purchases will be securely retained for refund/warranty purposes only.
This website may include links to third-party websites, plug-ins, and applications. Clicking on those links or enabling those connections may allow third parties to collect or share data about you. We do not control these third-party websites and are not responsible for their privacy statements. When you leave our website, we encourage you to read the privacy notice of every website you visit.
ADVERTISING & AFFILIATES
There may be advertising and affiliate products listed on this Website.
- I will always include a disclaimer at the bottom of a post when the content on this Website is sponsored. By sponsored I mean that in exchange for my services I have either been paid, received a discount or have been provided with goods and/or services. All opinions expressed on this Website are strictly my own and are in no way influenced by any sponsored opportunities I may accept.
- The advertising displayed on this Website is generated by third parties (see above).
- This Website may use affiliate marketing which may earn me a small commission from any qualifying purchases you may make from the products and services I feature. This is at no extra cost to you. Win/Win right? If you click on an affiliate link on this Website, a cookie will be placed on your browser to track any sales for purposes of paying a commission. I truly appreciate you supporting the brands that support this site and help keep it up and running. I am currently associated with:
YOUR LEGAL RIGHTS
- You may opt-out of my email communications by following the unsubscribe link in every email.
- You may access your personal information by submitting a request to email@example.com.
- You may update your personal information by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
- You may request your personal data be erased by emailing email@example.com
You have a right to access your personal information, subject to exceptions allowed by law. If you would like to do so, please let us know. You may be required to put your request in writing for security reasons. Your Business Helper reserves the right to charge a fee for searching for and providing access to, your information on a per request basis.
If you wish to exercise any of the rights set out above, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
In order to respond to any request, we will require the following information:
- your name and address; and
- your contact telephone numbers
If you are not happy with any aspect of how we collect and use your data please contact us first so we may attempt to resolve your issue immediately. You also have the right to complain to the Office of the Australian Privacy Commissioner (https://www.oaic.gov.au), the Australian supervisory authority for data protection issues.
Collection of Your Personal Information
There are many aspects of the site which can be viewed without providing personal information, however, for access to future Your Business Helper newsletters and to purchase from our online shop, you are required to submit personally identifiable information. This may include but is not limited to your full name, email address, contact telephone number, billing address, shipping address and a unique username and password, if needed you may also be required to provide sensitive information to aid in the recovery of a lost password.
Sharing of Your Personal Information
In the future we may occasionally hire other companies to provide services on our behalf, including but not limited to handling customer support enquiries, processing transactions or customer freight shipping. Those companies will be permitted to obtain only the personal information they need to deliver the service. Your Business Helper takes reasonable steps to ensure that these organisations are bound by confidentiality and privacy obligations in relation to the protection of your personal information.
Use of Your Personal Information
For each visitor to reach the site, we collect the following non-personally identifiable information, including but not limited to browser type, version and language, operating system, pages viewed while browsing the Site, page access times and referring website address. This collected information is used solely internally for the purpose of gauging visitor traffic, trends and delivering personalised content to you while you are at this Site.
From time to time, we may use customer information for new, unanticipated uses not previously disclosed in our privacy notice. If our information practices change at some time in the future we will use for these new purposes only, data collected from the time of the policy change forward will adhere to our updated practices.